The UK has made changes to the eligibility criteria for its skilled worker visa, pushing it more comfortable for global students already in the country to change.
As per the latest laws, applicants are no extended required to maintain a degree level qualification in order to apply for a skilled worker visa. Students who can receive a job request from an employer authorized by the Home Office can apply to change from a student course visa to a skilled worker visa directly without the requirement to complete their degree.
More and more global students are choosing this route as it presents a more affordable and quicker route to full-time job in the UK.
Must have for a skilled worker visa:
- Work for a UK’s employer that has been approved by the Home Office
- Obtain a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with details about the job role you have been offered in the UK
- Do work that is on the list of eligible occupations
- Be paid the minimum wage – how much depends on the type of work you do
And you must also be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You will usually need to prove your understanding of English when applying.
You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you are currently in the UK:
- On visit visa
- On a short term student visa
- On Parent of a Child Student Visa
- On a seasonal worker visa
- On a domestic worker in a private household visa
- On immigration bail
- Because you were allowed to remain outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds
When you apply for a Skilled Worker Visa:
- Pay the application fee – the usual fee ranges from £625 to £1,423 depending on your circumstances
- Pay the health care surcharge – usually £624 per year
If your job is in the shortage occupation list then you will pay less application fee.
If you are applying to extend, switch or update your visa from the UK, the usual fee depends on whether you will be in the UK:
- Up to 3 years – £719 per person
- More than 3 years – £1,423 per person
If you have lived in the UK for less than one year, you will also require to verify you have sufficiently funds to help yourself – you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available in your bank account.
You should have money available for at least 28 consecutive days. 28 days must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.
Source: Economictimes Indiatimes
Apply Also – 5 Top Most In-Demanded Jobs in Canada, Apply Here